Sunday 23 February 2014

Working on it...

I need more coffee...

We actually started our business over... what? A month ago? [*looks at Zipi for confirmation*]. But we did it taking clients right away, merely (and rather hurriedly) reworking a bit our original price list from PSP, and with a studio barely built at all! What we certainly didn't do is start slowly... we quickly filled our client queue almost beyond what we used to, and though we decided -and remain commited- not to overwork ourselves so much, by taking more frequent “off time”... a day still has only so many hours, and we'll admit that preparing our business “front door” was something we kinda skipped over... until now. Zipi has told me (and reasonably so) that we really need a written price list with at least the essentials of “what's a Regular and an Artistic”, to avoid having the exact same conversation over and over again with each new client.

And so here I am... Sunday... IV coffee not dripping fast enough... and me, carpet-bombing this new blog with about as much delicacy as an Internet-bound Curtis LeMay. I can't even count, nor do I dare acknowledge, how much stuff I'm recycling (yes, including the picture above, probably over a year old) and how many slaps in the wrists I'd get from my old language teachers for the bad grammar, redaction and presentation... or how my OCD-ness is suffering from having to drop the ball entirely on “neatness”.

But I'm also glad I'm doing it, not only because it's necessary, or because it's come to a point where we'd rather have something, however crude, than nothing at all... but also because it's kinda fun, and because I hope that, sooner or later, all this mess will actually start looking like the nice, cute little business blog we intend it to be.


And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to refill my coffee drip and mess... er, I mean, write some more stuff... *_*

No comments:

Post a Comment